SBI PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SBI announced the application for Probationary officer- PO recruitment 2019. Before starting the preparation, It is very important to have complete knowledge about the SBI PO Syllabus, exam pattern and the type of questions and topics are frequently asked in SBI PO exam.
Exam Pattern of SBI PO:
There will be 3 stages of exams. Prelims exam, Mains exam and Group discussion & Interview are the three stage of PO exam.
Exam Pattern of Prelims SBI PO:
Multiple choice questions will be asked in this exam. Let’s discuss papers
• English Language: 30 Questions, 30 Marks
• Quantitative Ability: 35 Questions, 35 Marks
• Reasoning Ability: 35 Questions, 35 Marks
Note: Total Marks will be 100 and the time duration of this exam will be 60 Minutes. On every wrong attempt, there will be ¼ mark will be deducted from the assigned question. It is required for the candidates to clear the exam as well as the overall cutoff marks of the prelims exam.
Exam Pattern of Mains SBI PO:
This exam has objective type question along with the descriptive exam. The descriptive test will be to check the English proficiency and writing skill of the candidate. It will be 30 minutes online test carrying a weightage of 50 marks. The descriptive test will take place right after the compilation of the objective test on the same day. Let’s discuss the papers.
• Reasoning and Computer Aptitude test: 45 Questions, 60 Marks
• Data Analysis and Interpretation test: 35 Questions, 60 Marks
• General Awareness (Economy & Banking): 40 Questions, 40 Marks
• English Language: 35 Question, 40 Marks
Note: Total Marks will be 200 and time duration will be 180 minutes. On every wrong attempt, there will be ¼ mark will be deducted from the assigned question.
Exam Pattern of Group discussion & Interview:
• Candidates who will clear mains exam will be called for Group discussion and personal Interview.
• Personal Interview marks will be 30.
• Group discussion marks will be 20.
The Papers of SBI PO Exam:
SBI PO Prelims papers-
• English language
• Quantitative Ability
• Reasoning Ability
SBI PO Mains papers-
• Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
• Data Analysis & Interpretation
• General Awareness (Economy & Banking)
• English Language
SBI PO Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
• Simplification- BODMAS, Fractions, approximation, Decimal, surds & indices, etc.
• Number System- Divisibility & Remainder, Multiples & Factors, Integers, LCM & HCF
• Average- Weight, height, age, marks, etc.
• Ratio and Proportion, Simple ratio, Compound ratio, componendo and dividend, proportions, etc.
• Interest- Simple interest, Compound interest
• Number Series- AP, GP, AGP, etc.
• Profit and Loss- selling, partnership, discount & MP, etc.
• Speed, Time and Distance- Relative speed, average speed, Boats, etc.
• Algebra- Quadratic equations
• Mensuration- Square, rectangle, circle, semicircle, etc.
• Data Interpretation- Graphs, pie chart, table, etc.
• Time and work- Work efficiency, pipe & cistern, etc.
• Mixture problems
• Probability- Basic probability
• Data Sufficiency
Read this also
Reasoning Ability Syllabus:
• Coding & Decoding
• Ordering and Ranking
• Direction & Distance
• Arrangement & Pattern
• Blood Relations
• Data Sufficiency
• Circular Seating Arrangement
• Linear Seating Arrangement
• Double Line up
• Grouping and Selection
• Verbal Reasoning
English Language Syllabus:
• Fill in Blanks
• Reading Comprehension
• Para Jumbles
• Cloze Test
• Error Spotting
• Phrase Replacement & Sentence Correction
• Phrase Idiom Meaning
• Sentence & Paragraph Completion
Computer Knowledge Syllabus:
• Hardware & Software
• Operating System
• Basic Computer
• MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Short Forms related to computer
• Technology related news
General Awareness Syllabus:
• Awareness regarding Union & State Budget
• News Related to RBI and other Banks
• Current Affairs- Indian and world awards, sports, authors and books, Geography, Indian polity, etc.
Descriptive Test Syllabus:
• Descriptive test mode will be online
• There are mainly two sections of this test i.e. Letter writing and Essay writing
• Any topic will be asked relating to Social & Political, Banking reformation, economic policies, etc.
I hope this article will help you in your preparation of SBI PO exam. Thank you for reading this article.