SSC CHSL Syllabus
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) announced recruitment for the various post through SSC CHSL Exam. The Various post is Lower Division Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries /Departments/ Offices of the government of India. This article, we are going to discuss complete exam pattern and complete details of SSC CHSL Syllabus.
The candidates who all are interested in this recruitment must read the complete article. Through this article, we are going to provide all the details about SSC CHSL Syllabus, so that the entire aspirant can start the preparation for the exam.
Check this also:
SSC CHSL Tier – 1 Admit Card
Vacancy for the Post:
- Lower Division Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant
- Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant
- Data Entry Operators (DEOs)
Download Admit Card – CR Central Region
|The Link will Available Soon|
|Download Admit Card – MPR Madhya Pradesh Region|
Download Admit Card – Other Region
|Click Here to Download|
|Check Form Status|
Download Vacancy Details
|Click Here to Download|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
There will three stages of the exam. The exam will consist of a Computer Based Exam (CBT – Tier 1), Descriptive Test (Tier 2) and Skill Test / Typing Test (Tier 3).
Let’s discuss important details of SSC CHSL Syllabus for all the three stages of the examination.
CBT – Tier 1:
Computer Based Exam will be online and objective type. Date of computer-based exam will be between 01/07/2019 to 26/07/2019. There will be 4 Subjects in the examination.
CBT Exam – Subjects, Number of Question, Marks, and Time duration:
- English Language (Basic Knowledge)- 25 Questions and 50 Marks
- General Intelligence – 25 Questions and 50 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) – 25 Questions and 50 Marks
- General Awareness – 25 Questions and 50 Marks
- The time duration will be 60 Minutes and 80 minutes for other candidates (For more details about other candidates read complete official notification).
- The Exam will consist of Objective Type and Multiple choice questions only.
- Negative marking is there in this examination. One every wrong attempt 0.50 marks will be deducted.
Read This also:
Descriptive Test – Tier 2:
The Exam pattern of Descriptive test will be offline. The paper consist of 100 Marks. The duration of the exam will be 60 Minutes and 80 minutes for other candidates. The paper will be comprised writing of an essay of 200-250 words and a letter or application approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in tier 2 would be 33%. The paper will have to be written either English or Hindi.
Skill Test / Typing Test – Tier 3:
This test will be conducted on computers. This test will be of qualifying marks. The skill test is mandatory for data entry operators. Data Entry speed of 8000 key depression per hour on the computer. The time duration will be 15 minutes and printed matter in English would be about 2000-2200 words.
The candidates should have 30 words per minutes for the post of LDC / JSA and Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant.
SSC CHSL Syllabus:
Let’s discuss the SSC CHSL Syllabus. As already discussed above in Tier 1 CBT exam, there will be 4 subjects.
SSC CHSL English Language Syllabus:
- Spot the error, Fill in the blanks, Spelling / Detecting misspelled words, One-word substitution, Idioms & Phrases, Active and Passive Voice of Verbs, Synonyms, Homonyms & Antonyms, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Conversation into Direct and Indirect Narration, Cloze Passage Improvement of the sentence, Comprehension Passage.
SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus:
- The questions will include both verbal and non-verbal type. Analogy, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Symbolic operations, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Figural Series, , Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Number Series, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Number System- Number system, Decimal and Fraction, Relationship between numbers.
- Ratio and Proportion, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and Distance, Time and work, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Square roots, Averages.
- Algebra: Basic Algebra, Graphs of Linear Equations, Percentage.
- Geometry: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents.
- Triangle, Circle, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric ratios, angles, Height and distance.
- Statistical Chart, Tables, Graphs, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-Diagram, Pie-chart.
SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus:
- Static General Knowledge, General Science includes up to 10th general science i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Book and Author’s names, Current affairs, Important Dates, Sports, History, Geography, Economics scene, General polity including the constitution, Scientific research. The general awareness section questions specially designed questions to test the candidate’s general awareness around him. This will also include daily events.